Thursday, January 04, 2007

redirection

i've tried to sit down and write umpteen times over the last few days. i feel like i should update and share what's been going on in our little world.

but every time i start typing, my mind is taken over by the lives of other people i have met (in real life and blog life) and the real struggles they are going through. one woman gave birth to and lost a son on christmas day. another woman lost her father after a battle with illness and chronic pain. and yet another is watching her son basically fight for his life. these women (and those connected to them) are dealing with real, painful, uncontrollable things. where do i get off complaining about matt, family, my students, my job, and everything else i could find issue with?

when i consider the things that i complain/worry about on this blog, i realize that i have it pretty darn good. is it bad that the struggles of others helps me to recognize that i could have it so much worse? it probably is...so don't answer that, blog reader(s). :)

i guess the point of this post is that i want to redirect what this blog is and why i have it. i don't want it to be a blend of complaints, updates and memes. for the lovely few that read this, i want to post about things that brought my joy, that made me laugh, and that made me think.

these past few days have just reminded me that my life is so blessed. and i should try my best to be a blessing and a light to those that i come into contact with, instead of a dark cloud.

hope all is swell in your worlds.

No comments: