Wednesday, January 17, 2007

kiddos :)

i'm pooped...these little kiddos tire me out.
i am noticing more and more how funny it is that one kiddo can break my heart one minute(with a sigh of boredeom, a lack of effort or just general punkishness).
and then, in the very next breath, make me smile.
one kiddo made this very weary teacher smile and feel special.
this may sound totally shallow, but this child (who was making me a little crazy all day long) told me he liked my shoes and that i "looked like beautiful."
and then, his neighbor agreed and added that because i am beautiful, i am a special princess. :) i'm not sure of the logic of that argument...but i won't fight it.
hooray for kiddos who make a teacher with slept-on hair and an unfortunate growth on her chin feel a little special.
hope your days are full of happy and fun things. :)

2 comments:

a m y said...

Aw, that's so cute. I love this. And you are indeed a beautiful special princess.

Fern said...

Kids are so honest. So "Golly Gee", if the kiddo says you're beautiful, you're beautiful. And if the kiddo says you're a special princess, you ARE!
I feel exactly the same way sometimes when Mack wakes up crying, or throws his food EVERYWHERE. But then, one little giggle makes it all worth it!